Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Gas Co-op?
How do I sign up for Natural Gas service to my property?
- A contract and utility right of way (URW) will need to be signed by the land owner (s).
- Payment of the installation is required at time of application for service.
- An on-site meeting indicating the meter location and pipeline routing will be scheduled.
- A copy of the Gas Permit Application must be submitted to our office prior to the meter being connected.
Can I save by using natural gas?
($______current price per litre X 39 = $______/ GJ of Propane compare to G.L.D.C. Gas Co-op Ltd current price per GJ (Contact us for our current pricing).
(ie: $0.40*39= $15.60 / GJ for propane) price for example only
How are the gas rates set?
- The first is the cost of gas. This is the total cost that Gas Alberta charges to purchase your natural gas on the open market. It is commonly called the wholesale rate to the Co-op.
- The second is the distribution fees. These fees are the fees the Co-op charges to distribute the natural gas through its pipeline system. It includes all the operation, maintenance, administration, unaccounted for gas loss and payments to the capital reserve fund. These fees are typically set annually by the Board of Directors after the yearly operational budget is passed.
- The last charge is the monthly fixed charge. This charge is a monthly fee that is charged to all customers. It is a revenue generating fee to ensure the Co-op has a fixed amount of income each month to ensure all members pay a fair portion of the costs of operating the Co-op. This fee is set annually by the Board of Directors.
Are Shares / Dividends paid to members?
Why does the cost of gas change every month?
What does the monthly fixed fee cover?
How do I know if I have a gas leak?
Is the natural gas distribution industry regulated?
What happens if my gas gets shut off for non-payment of any bill owing the Co-op?
How can I pay my monthly gas bill?
What if I missed a payment?
How do I sign up for CCI Wireless internet and/or phone?
How is the Carbon Levy rate set?
The Government of Canada provided set rates for each hydrocarbon fuel consumed.