What Constitutes a Safety Emergency?
- Gas Line Breaks
- Leaking/escaping natural gas or a perceived threat of carbon monoxide present in the nearby air
When Should it be Reported?
Immediately – regardless of certainty – call 1-866-317-4242 or 1-403-843-1050
Can I fix it myself?
Do not attempt to repair or divert a gas leak or broken gas line. In the event of gas leaks within the home, open windows and doors and call our service personnel. Leave the premises immediately until they assistance arrives.
What Should I do in the Meantime – while I wait for help?
- Do not attempt to repair or divert a gas leak or broken gas line.
- In the event of a gas leak(s) within the home, open windows and doors and call our service person at 1-866-317-4242 or 1-403-843-1050.
- Leave the premises immediately until help arrives.
- In case of a gas line break or major leak on a pipe, please stay a reasonable distance away from the leak and try to protect the scene from the intrusion of other people in the area. Warn other residents and persons in the immediate area.
- Do not set fire to the escaping gas or use any source of ignition.
- In the event of a fire, please call the fire department and police in conjunction with the call to our 24 hour emergency number. Please be prepared to provide a legal land description of the location of the break, your name and a contact phone number.
- In the event of a gas service interruption, the Co-op will relight appliances, where necessary at no charge, providing that service personnel can gain access to the premises. Members should advise the Co-op of how access may be gained in the event of an emergency.