What Constitutes a Safety Emergency?
- Gas Line Breaks
- Leaking/escaping natural gas or a perceived threat of carbon monoxide present in the nearby air
When Should it be Reported?
Immediately – regardless of certainty – call 1-866-317-4242 or 1-403-843-1050
Can I fix it myself?
Do not attempt to repair or divert a leak or broken line. In the event of gas leaks within the home, open windows and doors and call our service person. Leave the premises until they arrive.
What Should I do in the Meantime – while I wait for help?
- Do not attempt to repair or divert a leak or broken line.
- In the event of gas leaks within the home, open windows and doors and call our service person.
- Leave the premises until help arrives.
- In the case of a gas line break or major leak on a pipe, please stay a reasonable distance away from the leak and try to protect the scene from the intrusion of other people in the area. Warn other residents and persons in the immediate area.
- Do not set fire to the escaping gas.
- In the event of a fire, please call the fire department and police in conjunction with the call to our 24 hour emergency number. Please be prepared to provide a legal land description of the location of the break, your name and a contact phone number.
- In the event of a gas service interruption, the Co-op will relight appliances where necessary, at no charge, providing that service personnel can gain access to the premises. Members should advise the Co-op of how access may be gained in the event of an emergency.